The Fine Arts eCademy (FAe) is an award-winning, blended learning program with a fine arts focus. Students (K-8) will share and celebrate their art in this year-end public art show.
As a K-8 blended learning fine arts program, students learn through the arts at school and
through a personalized learning program at home. The arts provide a foundation for our
school?s culture and learning philosophy. They foster the cognitive, social, personal and
emotional development of the learner. Students work at home to develop their literacy
and numeracy skills through a program tailored to address each child?s unique qualities.
- A blended learning fine arts program
- A shared learning community at Tsolum Campus three days a week
- Organized around multi-age grade groupings
- Engaged in daily artistic activities including visual art, music, drama, dance, and literary and digital art
- Individual learners at home two days a week, guided by personalized learning programs co-developed by the child, teacher and parents
- Students focusing on literacy and math while at home, driven by our specific needs
- A dedicated team of teachers who believes in the power of collaboration
- Creative, caring, innovative and inspired educators
Highlights of the FAe Program
- Common annual theme for all learners
- Four learning cycles, each culminating in a celebration of learning
- Multi-age grade groupings (Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8)
- Rich community connections and artist-in-residence program
- Weekly K-8 spark electives
- Communication through weekly blogs, ePortfolios and Student Learning Plans
- Exploration Week three times per year
- Spark Meetings four times per year
See gallery below for some images of the FAe kids’ cedar tree paintings. We were inspired by Emily Carr, learned about the importance of cedar for west coast indigenous peoples, and explored elements & principles of art.